UMA NECESSIDADE FUNDAMENTAL...

UMA NECESSIDADE FUNDAMENTAL...
"A GRATIDÃO É A MEMÓRIA DO CORAÇÃO." - "GRATITUDE IS THE MEMORY OF THE HEART". - "LA GRATITUD ES LA MEMORIA DEL CORAZÓN". - "LA RECONNAISSANCE EST LA MÉMOIRE DU COEUR". (ANTISTENES) - "DANKBARKEIT IST DAS GEDÄCHTNIS DES HERZENS". (ANTISTENES)

STILL IN GOD’S HANDS


Resultado de imagem para pessoa desanimada"
During my first year of seminary, I listened as a new friend described her life. Abandoned by her husband, she was raising two small children alone. Earning just over minimum wage, she had little chance of escaping the poverty and dangers she described in her neighborhood.
Resultado de imagem para pessoa desanimada"
I was moved by her concern for her children, and asked, “How do you handle all of this?” She seemed surprised by my question and replied, “We are doing all we can do, and I must leave them in God’s hands.” Her trust in God in the midst of trials reminded me of Job’s trust (1:6-22).
Resultado de imagem para pessoa desanimada"
A year later, she phoned and asked if I would come be with her at the funeral home. Her son had been killed in a drive-by shooting. I asked God for words to comfort her and for the wisdom not to try to explain the unexplainable.
Standing with her that day, however, I marveled as again and again she comforted others—her confidence in God unshaken by this terrible blow. Turning to me as we parted, her final words were a poignant reminder of the depth of her faith: “My boy is still in God’s hands.” Like Job, she “did not sin nor charge God with wrong”(v.22).
We too can develop an unshakable faith by daily walking with the Lord.
Resultado de imagem para Nothing can shake those who are secure in God’s hands."
Nothing can shake those who are secure in God’s hands. (RBC)
Resultado de imagem para Nothing can shake those who are secure in God’s hands."