UMA NECESSIDADE FUNDAMENTAL...

UMA NECESSIDADE FUNDAMENTAL...
"A GRATIDÃO É A MEMÓRIA DO CORAÇÃO." - "GRATITUDE IS THE MEMORY OF THE HEART". - "LA GRATITUD ES LA MEMORIA DEL CORAZÓN". - "LA RECONNAISSANCE EST LA MÉMOIRE DU COEUR". (ANTISTENES) - "DANKBARKEIT IST DAS GEDÄCHTNIS DES HERZENS". (ANTISTENES)

THE NIGHT NO ONE CAME

Imagem relacionada
One winter night composer Johann Sebastian Bach was scheduled to debut a new composition. He arrived at the church expecting it to be full. Instead, he learned that no one had come. Without missing a beat, Bach told his musicians that they would still perform as planned. They took their places, Bach raised his baton, and soon the empty church was filled with magnificent music.
Imagem relacionada
This story made me do some soul-searching. Would I write if God were my only audience? How would my writing be different?
Imagem relacionada
New writers are often advised to visualize one person they are writing to as a way of staying focused. I do this when I write devotionals; I try to keep readers in mind because I want to say something they will want to read and that will help them on their spiritual journey.
I doubt that the “devotional writer” David, whose psalms we turn to for comfort and encouragement, had “readers” in mind. The only audience he had in mind was God.
Whether our “deeds,” mentioned in Matthew 6, are works of art or acts of service, we should keep in mind that they’re really between us and God. Whether or not anyone else sees does not matter. He is our audience.
Resultado de imagem para people playing PIANO
Serve for an audience of one. (RBC)
Resultado de imagem para people playing PIANO